World Days of 2022: special dates, to raise awareness of social issues and topics of common interest06 December 2022
They were established well before the foundation of the United Nations, in 1945, but it’s only since then that they have been institutionalised, becoming part of the international political and communication agenda. Today, there are about 160.
We are talking about the World Days, anniversaries celebrated throughout the year to inform, raise awareness, stimulate reflection and debate and move to action. Each world day focuses on a specific theme, and has several objectives: to build a collective memory of significant historical events, to support society’s efforts on particular issues, or even to raise funds for emergencies and development, research and prevention projects in various contexts.
To become World Days, they follow a process of approval by the United Nations Assembly, which has adopted them as a powerful tool to support the values that the UN promotes internationally, such as for example the maintenance of peace and security, the promotion of sustainable development, the defence of human rights, the guarantee of international law and humanitarian interventions.
IBSA is particularly sensitive to these issues, since it has always been committed to an increasingly comprehensive sustainability, in total adherence to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda. This translates into projects and initiatives for the benefit of people, communities and the planet, and – as in this case – in communication campaigns that raise awareness of issues of common interest.
In 2022, IBSA has chosen to support several themes related to the World Days with a dedicated campaign on its social channels. Let’s find out together:
- April 7 – World Health Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- May 18 – International Museums Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- June 14 – World Blood Donor Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- July 15 – World Youth Skills Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- August 19 – World Humanitarian Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- September 17 – World Patient Safety Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- October 10 – World Mental Health Day (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- November 10 – World Science Day for Peace and Development (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)
- December 3 – International Day of Disabled (post LinkedIn, post Facebook)